Fwd: <VV> low power in a 65

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Jul 8 15:54:55 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/8/2005 9:32:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ricorvair at cox.net writes:

> 16-35 very ssssllllllooooowww.  Almost embarisingly slow.
>
> No bucking, clanking, etc.  No rough shifts.  Slighly uneven if stuck at a
> light.

I agree with the other coments about bypassing the gas tank to see if it runs
ok, but use a marine gas can if you can to avoid a leak and potential
fire/Corvair lover imolation.  I would hook the gas can directly up to the gas line
above the left rear wheel.  It the problem is still there it will be in the
engine compartment.

In my (painful) personal experience I have suffered collapsed pick up socks
and rusty gas tanks.  Hope you problem isn't that difficult to repair.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair