<VV> Another Vapor Lock Theory

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 8 19:54:57 EDT 2005

I have read many of the good tips on repairing a vapor lock situation, and thought I would add the one that worked for me. After a couple of frustrating months of trying all the things listed the last couple of days, all I had was a car with a lot of new parts that would still die. The second time through everything, I noticed a drop off in fuel delivery volume. In desperation, I started blowing compressed air through the fuel lines again, and this time noticed a bit of "gunk" come out of the main line when blown through from the fuel tank end of it. To make a long story shorter, I finally found a partial clog in the line at the 90-degree bend where it goes up over the differential. After replacing a short piece of line with a temporary rubber line (which is still there 8 years later), the problem was solved.  FWIW, WAEF.
Grant

grant young
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.