<VV> 63 exhaust

Chris C ricorvair at cox.net
Fri Jul 8 20:01:29 EDT 2005

I was looking at my wifes loud exhaust.

Ran the exhaust about 10 feet away to separate the noise and keep the fumes
away.

Listened for an exhaust leak, did not hear one.

Once the exhaust got hot I carefully ran my hand along the crossover.  No
hot jets of air.   Till I got to between the crossover and the
sheetmetal.  No noise.  Felt a strong jet of hot air.  Not like the rush of
air from the torque converter (that was cool air)

Could hear a faint noise from the valve train, but nothing outrageous.

Is this normal?   Other than me or washington where is the hot air coming from?

Thanks to all.