<VV> Air vs Water HP

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 8 21:44:17 EDT 2005

John, I rarely disagree with you. However, you have given me the
opportunity.  Your use of "during the run" implies drag racing or
autocrossing, which are of short duration. The 89 uses a vertical fan assy.
utilizing an Austin plastic fan. As you may be aware, the car was
competitively raced both SCCA Nationally and vintage more recently.  This
car has raced in very hot weather - road racing - without overheating.  And
the car has a very high HP output for a  normally aspirated Corvair.  Most
who use the fan system state the car will overheat in just the opposite
condition; idling, slow multiple pace laps or on the grid.

This topic should be on Fastvair, IMHO.

Chuck S
YS73
GT3 89