<VV> Air vs Water HP

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Fri Jul 8 22:08:37 EDT 2005

Hmmm... most interesting. By the way, what ratio is this fan driven?

In a message dated 7/8/2005 9:44:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chsadek at adelphia.net writes:

John, I  rarely disagree with you. However, you have given me the
opportunity.  Your use of "during the run" implies drag racing or
autocrossing, which are of short duration. The 89 uses a vertical fan  assy.
utilizing an Austin plastic fan. As you may be aware, the car was
competitively raced both SCCA Nationally and vintage more recently.   This
car has raced in very hot weather - road racing - without  overheating.  And
the car has a very high HP output for a   normally aspirated Corvair.  Most
who use the fan system state the  car will overheat in just the opposite
condition; idling, slow multiple  pace laps or on the grid.

This topic should be on Fastvair,  IMHO.

Chuck S