<VV> Was (Air vs) now belt longevity

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 10 02:01:32 EDT 2005

I commonly get 30,000+ on a belt.  The only one I usually break is on the ice racer.  It sits for 9 months and the pulleys get rusty.  When the season starts it is cold outside (where the car is stored).  I drive it till the belt goes and change it out.  Good till next year.  Pulleys are now clean at that point.

The point of the question was that 5 years does not tell me anything.  I've seen a few cars that still have the original factory belt.  Of course, it has not moved in about 40 years or so.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 (temporarily X 2)
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140