<VV> Was (Air vs) now belt longevity

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 10 14:26:19 EDT 2005

Belts break?  ;-)
The only time I've broken one is when my HB was coming apart and had walked
part way off the hub.  Screwed up the alignment and kept throwing belts.
Before I figured out the problem, I kept tightening it to keep it on and
finally broke it.
That was 60-70K ago.  I don't remember changing the belt since then.  Maybe
I have, but I doubt it.

A properly adjusted belt shouldn't break before you become morally outraged
at its appearance.

Roger
100 degree temps keep those belts pliable.  ;-)