<VV> Blowhard

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Jul 10 12:17:48 EDT 2005

>  I don't know who GM had design the Corvair blower but I doubt that GM
> did it.

Think it was GM. From the standpoint of the basic car, I agree, there were
better designs even pre-1960. But when you add the Greenbier and FC
vehicles as well as the a/c option it makes perfect sense and undoubtedly
would also influence the turbo placement.

The key is not that it was necessarily the best design but that it was the
most flexible (compact engine) that was Good Enough (C).

Padgett