<VV> Window roller replace

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Mon Jul 11 12:07:45 EDT 2005

Norm;

I was able to replace a roller with one from a spare broken regulator:

* drill off the end of the rivet holding the roller in place. I think it was 1/4"? Start small. Drill on the side away from the roller.
* Punch out the rivet. Remove the roller from the rivet.
* tap the hole for a 1/4 or 5/16 bolt (can't remember, I just found a flat head (countersunk) bolt that fit the roller. You'll see that the old rivet is flat head/countersunk into the roller. Just find a bolt the correct size.
* the bolt head probably sticks up past the roller. Grind & fit til the head is the right size to fit the roller just like the rivet did.
* trial fit. Make sure the roller can turn. Some resistance is OK (it had some originally). Cut off the end of the bolt just past the regulator arm (not much sticking out)
* reassemble with permanent locktite. Make sure the roller can still turn. Peen the end of the bolt to be double sure.

Should be good to go...

Les
corvair at mts.net