<VV> New Corvair in the stable..Now have turbo AC questions

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 15:40:36 EDT 2005

Well I broke down and bought the 66 AC Turbo Corsa clone that was on
Ebay that was the topic of discussion last week.

I had almost bought the car when it was listed on the Classified's a few
months ago but didn't as I was shopping for a house based on a pending
move.

So here I am, the soon be proud owner of a very, very, nice rust free 66
factory AC Monza that has been tastefully cloned into a 66 Turbo Corsa
thru the handy donation's of the necessary items from a 65 Turbo Corsa.

The first issue that I have to overcome is the fact that the AC is only
90% complete, but missing a very important part.  The condenser is not
installed as the turbo sits where it should.  I have the option of the
front trunk mount of the rear fender well mount.

I am almost 100% positive that I will be going with the rear fender
mount and using one of the modern fan cooled condensers but was looking
for a any suggestions out there from the group.

The car the complete stock 66 system installed and plugged up at the
connecting point of the condenser.

I was figuring on using R-12 at this time and in the future switching
over to a Sanden compressor and upgrading the system for R-134 at a
later date, what's the groups thoughts?

Rick Loving