<VV> Ceramic Coatings

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Jul 11 16:23:02 EDT 2005

I may have asked this before, dont remmeber.  There are lots of places
advertising application of ceramic coatings for pistons, valves,
combustion chambers etc, but I cant find suplliers of the raw materials.
As in if you want to do it yourself as these places charge so much.
Antone know of the suppliers.  Anyone had such a thing done in there
engines?  I am especially interested in some of the dry film lubricants
for bearings, and coatings for combusiton chambers to keep less heat from
making it into the head.

-Geoff Johnson