<VV> Carb indent number help please

James Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Jul 11 22:24:41 EDT 2005

The 70 identifies the carb as a Rochester series H or HV single barrel
carb; the first number 2 indicate the decade the carb was build starting
with the 1950, so the 2 indicates the 1960's; the 8 indicates it is for a
1968 model car; the 024 indicates its specific application or 110, 140
primary, PG with A.I.R. Across the bottom of the tag are separate places
for a maximum of two characters. From the left is the modification series
(A, B, C); the second block is for the date of manufacture (A8 would
indicate January 1968; I is omitted to avoid confusion); third block is
inspectors marks and the fourth block is the supervisor quality mark.
Jim Davis