<VV> Brakes/wheel cyls UPDATE

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 20:50:05 EDT 2005

Okay...well, in spite of making the post I made
earlier, I didn't check my mail, and just went into it
head first.  A nice new metal cishel and a hammer
worked well for me.  Just broke the botls right off.
The wheels cylinders that were on there are GARBAGE
anyway...rusty, crusty...

I also POR'd my Engine compartment his evening.  I
REALLY wish I could take a picture...but in case you
don't know, you REALLY REALLY don't want to get POR-15
all over you.  You HAVE to wear it off...for weeks.  I
was dumb today and didn't use gloves cause I figured
I'd be fine....but that was anything BUT the case.  My
hands have it all over them (including on my fingers
(palm side)  badly.  I have stripes all over my
arms...and I'm gonna have to have that there for
weeks.  So, if you're gonna POR, use protection.  (now
hows THAt for commercial quality?)

I also installed the Main body harness I've got
today...and some of the ultimate clutch kit parts I
had.  I also removed EVERY piece of the heating system
in the car...won't go back in either....I don't want a
heater.  I may buy a fan of some sort that has heated
air...but I don't know yet.  I'm not planning on a lot
of winter driving....

all in all, it was an extremely long and productive
day of working on my Corsa.

Thanks for the answers I got.

Ryan

P.S.  I just got a DNS error the first time I tried to
send this...so if this posts twice, I apologise