<VV> Brakes/wheel cyls UPDATE

Don Schaefer fry_cook at excite.com
Wed Jul 13 08:05:32 EDT 2005

 Ryan: None of this would have happened if you had knocked off and come to the club meeting last nite. I even saved $500 by going.Don Schaefer--- On Tue 07/12, Ryan Verthein &lt; daretocorvair at yahoo.com &gt; wrote:
From: Ryan Verthein [mailto: daretocorvair at yahoo.com]To: virtualvairs at corvair.orgDate: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:50:05 -0700 (PDT)Subject: Brakes/wheel cyls UPDATEOkay...well, in spite of making the post I madeearlier, I didn't check my mail, and just went into ithead first. A nice new metal cishel and a hammerworked well for me. Just broke the botls right off. The wheels cylinders that were on there are GARBAGEanyway...rusty, crusty...I also POR'd my Engine compartment his evening. IREALLY wish I could take a picture...but in case youdon't know, you REALLY REALLY don't want to get POR-15all over you. You HAVE to wear it off...for weeks. Iwas dumb today and didn't use gloves cause I figuredI'd be fine....but that was anything BUT the case. Myhands have it all over them (including on my fingers(palm side) badly. I have stripes all over myarms...and I'm gonna have to have that there forweeks. So, if you're gonna POR, use protection. (nowhows THAt for commercial quality?)I also
installed the Main body harness I've gottoday...and some of the ultimate clutch kit parts Ihad. I also removed EVERY piece of the heating systemin the car...won't go back in either....I don't want aheater. I may buy a fan of some sort that has heatedair...but I don't know yet. I'm not planning on a lotof winter driving....all in all, it was an extremely long and productiveday of working on my Corsa.Thanks for the answers I got.RyanP.S. I just got a DNS error the first time I tried tosend this...so if this posts twice, I apologise__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com _______________________________________________This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are the propertyof the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mailto:vv-help at corvair.orgThis list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, http://www.corvair.org/Post messages
to: VirtualVairs at corvair.orgChange your options: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs _______________________________________________