<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 122

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Jul 13 13:29:55 EDT 2005

Chuck,

I wasn't speaking of just or even primarily the financial cost.  This is an emotional thing with me.  It's getting me down man, what a bummer.  I'm getting over it as the day goes on.  The pain was just very sharp this morning when I first posted.  And I'm certainly not singling out the Corvair among old cars as being troublesome or expensive.  Mine is just being more troublesome than I would like it to be.

I don't feel like I was ripped off but I do feel in hindsight that I paid too much for the car I got.  That's water under the bridge though, I just want to keep this fun car running.  It seems to want to just sit parked.  I guess in car years it's pretty old and probably a little tired but it's good for it to get out and run even at it's advanced age.

------------------------------
<snip>

---- Yeah they're fun but the price I've paid for
that
fun is WAY to high.----

Sorry, but I can replace my entire Corvair front end myself for what I'd have
to pay my dealer to put upper ball joints on my 2002, 2wd truck. If cost is the
issue, stay away from almost all other collector/antique/restorable cars,
except for maybe old VWs.

<snip again>

Chuck Kubin