<VV> Quirky Vairs???

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Jul 13 14:30:45 EDT 2005

 JKFG717 at aol.com writes:

> This car ran OK till a very talented mechanic rebuilt the  carbs. Not so
> since. Everyone is busy, working and have lives. I find it  interesting that
in
> my local club there are probably 3 running Corvairs. The  rest of the
> membership have driveways full of non-running cars.  I honestly  know of no
> other
> clubs around me that have those averages. I  still think
> though, that you should be able to get back and forth from a club  meeting
> or a car
> show without breaking down. I do it in my 53 Cadillac all the  time. Thanks
> for the vent space. Jim

*****************
 CARBS    Did he install them?   Did you give him the chance to troubleshoot
them?

3  cars running in a club? That's nothing to do with the Corvair..it's the
people!!
Corvairs are CHEAP.......I've known several people with a dozen Stangs / 55-7
Chevies  laying around for 20 yrs......BUT  in the last10 yrs.....one by one
they've been bought by someone willing to pay $1000's for a hulk.........not
yet in our Vairs...

Some Chapters...like the one Ned M. and Terry K. are in.....pool their
talents resources...and get / keep all members driving....It's the PEOPLE!  and you
LOVE  them!

What is different in a Corvair.....other than aircooled  and 2
carbs......from the Caddy?  I learned on a lawnmower.........it's all the same....now I work
on Gas Turbines....

AIR   / FUEL   /  Ignition  and CONTROL it....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V