<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 125

JKFG717 at aol.com JKFG717 at aol.com
Wed Jul 13 15:53:27 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/13/2005 3:30:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

CARBS    Did he install them?   Did you give him  the chance to troubleshoot
them?
Sure did and sure did. Left with them supposedly fine. When I got home the
car idled at over a grand. He lives 240 miles away. My club guys did the best
they could but it didn't last. Besides. as I stated, it's not easy when you
are  not inclined. Read Joe Potts, he's right on the money. Two carbs with a
linkage  from hell, l have neither the time or talent to mess around with it.

3  cars running in a club? That's nothing to do with the  Corvair..it's the
people!!
And almost all of them are in thier seventies.

Corvairs are CHEAP.......I've known several people with a dozen  Stangs /
55-7
Chevies  laying around for 20 yrs......BUT  in the  last10 yrs.....one by one
they've been bought by someone willing to pay  $1000's for a hulk.........not
yet in our Vairs...

Some  Chapters...like the one Ned M. and Terry K. are in.....pool their
talents  resources...and get / keep all members driving....It's the PEOPLE!
and  you
LOVE  them!
I do, but facts are facts. Joe Potts is right on the money!

What is different in a Corvair.....other than aircooled   and 2
carbs......from the Caddy?
Lots: Dropped valve seats, fan belts,a tunnel under the car,  rust,windshilds
you cant change without a bunch of problems,chokes that are  harder to set.

I  learned on a lawnmower.........it's all the same....now I work
on Gas  Turbines....

AIR   / FUEL   /  Ignition   and CONTROL it....
With the right help, you can. Fly to MD and fix it!  Jim