<VV> Re: touch up paint

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 10:07:27 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/13/2005 12:02:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
N2VZD at aol.com writes:

i went  to a body shop supply house and they walked out to my rampy with a
scanner  and came up with perfect match for both colors on it. then they can
put
it  in small container or make a spray bomb. not cheap but perfect match. get

yer yeller pages out again...
regards, tim  colson

However, if you do this, make sure you have a nice, clean, (perhaps rubbed
out?) area for them to scan. If not, your touch-up paint will match the
oxidized  area. I rubbed-out 10" circles on my sister's pretty much ignored
Austin-Healey  Sprite (many years ago). It looked so goofy (think Dalmatian) that she
paid me  to rub out the rest of the car.  -Seth