<VV> Ref: Sick of My Corvair

Mike themoose at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 14 11:34:37 EDT 2005

I read with great interest the posting on "Sick of my Corvair" and all the responses.  I too have experienced the wonderful roller coaster ride of Corvair ownership.

Buy Corvair...
fix everything over 2 years...
Have Corvair totalled...
Sell Corvair "for parts"...
Buy "good running" Corvair...(great price though)
Drive Corvair 2 weeks...
Put Corvair up on jack stands to "fix a small leak"...
Fast forward almost 2 years...still on stands...

I've been to the top of enjoyment (flying through S turns on I-20 and smoking BMW's through the turns) through depths of massive "What the hell am I doing with a car sitting on Jack Stands? - BURN IT!" feelings.

You know what I have discovered?  I am lucky to have a couple of guys here in Atlanta (plus a Carb guy in Florida) who keep me on a level keel and give me perspective (and some tough "love" on occasion).

There are hundreds of people who have experienced the same stuff.  The fact we are on VV's is proof of that.  We aren't alone..and that makes all the difference.

Moose in Atlanta
Arty Blue - Group Red for as long as it takes...