Fwd: <VV> Welcome to a New Corvair Member/sick of my Corvair

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 11:43:41 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/13/2005 9:33:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

> I'm demoralized.  I knew I was buying an old car but this is just stupid.

Mike,  Congratulations!  Welcome!  You are now a bonafide Corvair owner.  We
all feel your pain.  You are now at the "Flipped Belt" hierarchy level in
Corvairdom.  Unlike most of the rest of us you are BLAMELESS for this problem.
You will reach the next level--the Push Rod Tube 'O' "Ring"--when you make a
mistake and break it yourself.  Your club members and the rest of us will be
there for you.  Personally I've had fewer problems with my Corvairs than friends
who drive and collect other old cars ('60's Buicks, Model "T's"etc.--and then
there is Bill Elliott with his Tatra).  Remember Thomas in Germany, Alan in the
UK and the guys in Holland and Switzerland.  They can't call someone to
borrow a part or manual.

Let us know how it goes.  And remember the mantra--anything you fix yourself
is one less thing to break (immediately that is).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair