<VV> identifying high volume heater motor

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 21:48:12 EDT 2005

The high volume motor should be able to be identified by a roughly
nickel sized hole or a plugged hole in the side of the motor body.  The
high volume motor was for AC equipped cars and there was some sort of
line or hose that was fitted there.  At least that's how I tell them
apart.

Rick Loving

<SNIP>

Subject: <VV> identifying high volume heater motor

The heater motor on my 1965 Monza has a plastic fan installed, which
made me
start wondering if the motor itself is stock or not.  Is there an easy
way
to identify a high volume motor?  Mine says "Delco Products, Dayton OH",
and
it *looks* like the stock item.  It does NOT look like the high volume
motor
in the Clark's catalogue, but I don't know whether or not that's what
they
all look like.

Many thanks in advance,

John McMahon