<VV> Re: Lack of Vair Mechanics

Phil Brandt f111a at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 22:09:22 EDT 2005

I don't know how old these club members are that haven't "..turned a serious
wrench in twenty years..." but this sixty-six year old CORSA member since
'71, a longtime cardiac patient, still regularly does most of his "fleet"
maintenance, heavy and otherwise.  That's not just Vairs, but Eldos,
Devilles, Toronados, Hondas and Winnebago motorhomes. You just gotta be
tough...or be willing to spend righteous bucks on someone who can do the
work. Maybe it's the eight years of serious teenage hotrodding we did in the
mid-Fifties in Pittsburgh, but the satisfaction of doing it myself has never
left. Old cars are like boats and RVs--I long ago restored a wooden 25'
Owens cruiser--that is, black holes into which you throw money. If you're
not willing to make the investment in time or bucks, mebbe you're in the
wrong hobby. Not makin' the news; just bringin' it to ya....

Phil Brandt
Austin, TX