<VV> No Corvair Mechanic? Find a Mechanic

Charles B. Peck cpeck at salmoninternet.com
Sat Jul 16 14:27:30 EDT 2005

Group -

There has been a lot of moaning about not being able to find a "Corvair
Mechanic". I have a lot of problems with this! I don't normally take my
Corvairs to a "Corvair Mechanic". I take my Corvairs to a "Mechanic";
just like I do all my other cars. When I got the engines rebuilt, I went
to "Corvair Mechanics", but mainly a Corvair is just another old GM car
and for most things a "Mechanic", while maybe not quite as efficient, is
able to handle the problems.

I am not talking about "Parts Changers", I am talking about
"Mechanics". If you don't have one, find one, and cultivate him/her!
Give them a box of Chocolates for Christmas. When you know it took them
longer than the flat rate book says - pay them a bonus.

I am in a county the size of the state of Rhode Island, with 2 stop
lights and 7,000 residents and I can find "Mechanics" that will fix the
weird cars I bring them. If you are willing to treat them well, you will
be able to find them also! In the long run it even saves money over
using the "Parts Changers"!

Chuck Peck
Salmon, ID