<VV> Dakota Modified Tour Results-HUH ?????

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 16 18:22:28 EDT 2005

And what kind of races might these be??? Don't keep us in suspense like
this !!!
DEMO DERBY ??? <GGG> laps in heat races ........laps in in con-c races Whatever
that is???..................surfaces of tracks raced on..............makes
of cars and engines..
aside from that ..........you told us everything !!! <GGG>

National Enquirer FrontMan
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

At 03:07 PM 7/16/05 -0700, you wrote:
>VairHeads,
>Got back this morning from the Dakota Modified Tour, which consisted of
>races every night from 7-9-05 thru 7-15-05.  We raced in Jamestown, ND,
>Minot, ND, Estevan,SK (Canada), Williston, ND (2 nights), Dickinson, ND
>and last night in Mandan, ND.
>   The boys from Iowa were really tough, and came with their game on.  In
> fact Dean Mallstadt (clear Lake Iowa) won every one of the features
> except one night in Williston where he won his heat, but fried some rear
> outer wheel hub bearings (actually broke the bearing races) which dumped
> all of the gear oil, and fried his pinion gear on one of the 8 sets of
> gears he brought with.
>   The team that I'm on did OK, we ended up winning 5 heat races.   We
> ended up not making the "show" 2 different nights, because of people
> running into us and taking us out.
>The worst of the crashes occurred in the heat race at Dickinson.  We were
>in 2nd place at a restart, leading down the straight and turn one.  The
>2nd place driver hit Don (our driver/owner) and caused him to spin at the
>entry of 2.  The last car in the field  T-boned us on the right side at
>full throttle!  That caused theright side of the frame behind the
>"dog-leg" to get pretty bent up, although there did not seem to hurt the
>right front suspension at all.  It almost ended our tour, but Wilhelm GMC
>in Bismark, ND graciously "loaned" us their frame machine and we were able
>to get the car reasonably straight for the race in Mandan later that
>night.  Don got a close 4th in his first heat, but since only the first 3
>cars make the main, we were relegated to the con-c race heat which we
>handily won.
>Unfortunately, our starting position was inside second to last row for the
>feature.  Dean Mallstadt was outside first row and (typically) led from
>the first turn all the way to the end, and was never even
>challenged.  Dean Mallstadt lapped the last 4 cars and was closing in on
>Don by the end of the race.  Don ended up 16th.
>All in all, in was a fun week, we learned allot, and the car came back
>(basicly) in one piece, although  the bodywork looks like it's been
>"raced", the car is no worse for the wear.
>

>Scott Cable
>Jamestown, ND
>s2cable1 at yahoo.com
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
CORSA Tri-Membership Chairman
CORSA MEMBER
Corvair Atlanta, BOD
Corvanatics member