<VV> jack stands; clutch cable

Bruce Bacher bbacher at insightbb.com
Sat Jul 16 23:20:54 EDT 2005

Last Thursday my clutch cable broke while I was driving on my way to work.
I need to put the car up on jack stands to check it out.  2 questions:

1) Is there a preferred order for putting the four corners up on stands?
Both front corners first, for instance?  Or the right front, then right
rear, etc.?  This is the first time I'll have more than one corner on
stands.

2) I plan to start at one end of the clutch cable and just trace it back
until I find a problem.  Is that a reasonable approach?  Or is there a
different time-proven method?

Thanks for your advice.