<VV> Re: corvair mechanics

Robert Hawley iamrgh at charter.net
Sun Jul 17 16:34:41 EDT 2005

I couldn't agree more, Jim.  I am in SW Michigan and have polled the majority of competent established shops in the area and am used to the "look" of which you speak (one of those refusing mechanics was even a former  Corvair owner). And  I have paid for my share of  messed up work before I knew better.   Even the local Corvair chapter has no recommendations for those of us who do not want to do the heavy work on their Corvairs any more.  I do realize that it is the price of admission for a delightfully quirky car like the Corvair. Personally,  I am trailering mine to Ken Hand (Pontiac, MI) at the end of this month for some R &R (about 150 miles - guess I am fortunate for that distance).  Robert Hawley (1963 Spyder conv - owned 30+ years)

<big snip>
WOW....I find that highly unlikely .......they would  all attempt to fix the Corvair, but you can see the reluctance all over
their  faces. Jim