<VV> Towing Per the Tech Guide

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 18 11:19:49 EDT 2005

I have read a few towing questions and responses for a PG car, and remember reading some time ago where it was risky to do so (and so I rented a trailer). So,,,I went back to the Tech Guide and found two articles in the Travel and Towing section, pages 3 and 6, by Larry Claypool that say it is only safe to tow PG cars for 50 miles or so at 50 mph or less. The articles state that the problem is heat build up which can causing foaming, fluid loss, hardened seals, and damage to friction surfaces on clutches and bands. I guess we should ask him if he has changed his mind....,or have conventions in the winter.....
The Carbmeister