<VV> Goodbye, "Scooter"

goofyroo at excite.com goofyroo at excite.com
Mon Jul 18 12:18:23 EDT 2005

Yesterday, the new owner of a '63 convertible I had dubbed "Scooter" 16 years ago motored off toward Miami, Florida, having won an eBay auction in May.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/cingulus/Driveway_Lightened.jpg

With that, I exit the Corvair-owner community.

I remain indebted to those of you who so kindly answered my VV questions over the years, especially this past week: Dave Keillor, Matt Nall, Bob Helt, and Joseph Potts.  FYI, guys, it was corroded wires at the ignition switch causing my heat-related voltage drop.  I cut them back and crimped new terminals on for a 95 percent fix.  The switch itself probably needs replacement, as I advised the new owner.

I hope I have paid back at least some of the VV karma by responding to those who followed me up the learning curve.

I'll pray for your safe travel to and from a successful convention.

Michael Smith
Dallas