<VV> self-serve in Jersey

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 22:12:16 EDT 2005

Let me echo Bob Marlow's remarks re: a preference for Jersey's law against
self-serve gas.  I enjoy letting someone else do it for me with my daily driver
and have never been denied my request to do it myself (although it violates
the law) in my Corvair.  Believe me, they ain't gonna do nothin' more than pump
the gas.  Weather permitting, I get out and wash my own windows.  I think it
all started with a feeling that letting the rabble pump their own gas risked a
fire hazard.  I don't think there's any hue and cry to change the law.  Most
Jerseyans seem to share the feelings of Bob Marlow and yours truly.

Bill Stanley