<VV> RE: A/C parts

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Tue Jul 19 11:40:34 EDT 2005

Someone else will most likely beat me to the punch, but why not fix it?
Compressors and condensing coils often fail, but the evaporator is well
protected in the cab of the car.  Parts are readily available from Rusty's
and repairs are relatively simple.  However if you do decide to fix it, you
should definitely have a reputable shop evacuate/pressure test/ and charge
the system, especially if you stick with R-12.

On the other hand, I've seen a lot of junk on EBay, I certainly would not
hesitate to put an evaporator/blower unit out there.

My 64 Monza also came with A/C.  I was a foolish kid at the time and swapped
the entire system for a 150 turbo, which ended up sitting in a box until I
finally threw it away.  I really wish I had kept the A/C unit instead.

Cliff Tibbitts
61 Rampside
64 Monza Cpe 95/4sp
66 Monza Cpe 140/4sp  (soon to have A/C)