<VV> Sickly KY Corvair owners

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue Jul 19 11:45:16 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/19/2005 11:26:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net writes:
<<Just saw on the news that KY is the sickest state in the union.>>

Well, if it counts, I'm sick of the hot weather... I'm sitting here with no
A/C, watching the river flow in the back yard, and humidity is probably in the
90 percentile range... hot and muggy... thats KY in the summertime.
<<  Apparently, the natives eat too much pork fat, breath coal dust and
carbon monoxide (Corvair content), and don't exercise.>>
Grant, you aren't putting down those wonderful BBQ Deep Fried Pork Rinds, are
ya? Cheryl won't let me eat them... and we only get the lean cuts when we do
get pork... we do a lot of baked chicken, and ham so lean that you want to
soak it in water to get it juicey. Coal dust isn't a problem here, although I'm
not far from Peabody's strip mine, maybe 70 miles... Carbon monoxide isn't a
problem either, since I keep my 'vairs in semi-sound working order.
Excercise? Try to excercise with a broken leg, and we'll see how well YOU do.
;-)
BTW, I saw the DR yesterday... he said it looked good, and to put no more
that 40 pounds on it, and come back in a month... he said to put my leg on a
scale and when it reaches 40 to stop pushing... well, I stood at the scale, and
put the foot on it... before I put weight on it it stopped at 45 pounds....
geez! (Mind you, I still had the brace on, and I think it weighs in at close to 25
pounds) So, I reckon I'll be doing what I can... I'm still off work, and I go
back to the Dr in one month... so there ya have it.
<< I knew there was a reason my parents moved us from there when I was a
kid...  :-).  Those of you going might want to check out the real estate market in
Oregon....(but, be forewarned...NONE of the motels on the coast have a/c).>>
I'd really hoped to make it, but I knew early on this year with the surgeries
that it would be out of the question... maybe I'll get to make it to the left
coast someday...
<<The Carbmeister>>
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY... watching the Nolin River in my back yard,
just a little high from Hurricane Dennis... but not anything to worry about.
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)