<VV> Paint...

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 16:08:28 EDT 2005

Okay, get the knowledge out.

   I want to do some body work on my car...at least
make it presentable so when i'm driving it, I don't
feel like people are staring at me for the wrong
reasons haha

So my questions are these.  I like numbering
them...easier to understand this way.

1. There's a thin layer of mud on a lot of the
passenger side of the car.  Whats the best way to
strip it off? (without using chemicles)

2. Are there any tricks to removing trim without
runing it?  if there's some in the tech guide, lemme
know...I'm not at home, but I've got a copy...so that
would be good.

3. I don't want to have to spray can the whole car,
cause that might get spendy, and I'm planning on
having the car painted within the next year or so
anyway, so i don't want to have to strip all of a new
paintjob off again.  So, that said, are there any
other good effective ways to spray?  I've heard a
couple times that primer tends to take in moisture?  I
don't want/need that happening.  Suggestions on paint
and process is what I'm looking for here.

i think that's about it.  if I have more, you'll know.

Okay, shoot!

Thanks guys (and...gal?),
Ryan V.
65 Corsa