Fwd: <VV> brake note

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jul 19 16:02:01 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/17/2005 12:21:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:
I install brake shoes with the shoes together. Install the lower  spring
(just above the adjuster) to tie the two shoes together, install the
adjuster between the two shoes, and take this assembly to the backing plate
and start the holddown pins into each shoe, making sure the shoes engage
into the actuator pins in the wheel cylinder.

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
You'd expect a "young" pro like Harry to know how to do right. I started
doing it this way in the late '70's.  Would probably have more hair today if I had
started earlier.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair