<VV> New DELCO type53 Dry Charged For Sale

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 14:55:39 EDT 2005

I am leaving shortly for Portland. I have decided that I will never spend the $$ necessary to restore my 63 Spyder convert to concours and I also decided I want to drive the wheels off of it. I have had it since 1974 and I just can't make it a trailer queen. So.......

I am bringing my NOS DELCO type 53 early model battery to Portland to sell. I bought it new in 1974 and it has never had acid in it. If you want the perfect touch for that councours early model, I am looking for around $100 for it or...we can talk trades. I would trade it for a set of used, tinted glass for an early 4 door (minus windshield as I have that). Or some prebent brake lines for a 62. or I would offer it and some extra $$ for an early dash clock. swap for a complete dual master cyl kit for a 62 and a bottle of Jack Daniels. or buy me some Jack Daniels and you may walk away with it. LOL! I am open to dealing. I just want someone who would appreciate what this is get it for his or her concours early. I do not want to eBay it and I hate to ship it. It is heavy and irreplaceable. Who knows what UPS or USPS or Fed Ex could do to it.

I will be bringing a pc with me, so if you want to talk about the battery, email me offline. Thanks for the bandwidth and see y'all in Portland!

Bob Johnston
Frostbite Falls, MN
CORSA since 72 (damn...I'm gettin old I think)