<VV> Gasket replacement

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 17:23:49 EDT 2005

----Very curious that only one person had an opinion, or cared to share
their opinion, on whether it would be safe to reuse the gaskets from
the original rebuild or which of the gaskets should be replaced (if not
all).----

I'll weigh in.  Same opinion on gaskets. The whole idea is to get crushed into a gap. Cork, rubber and plastic, if not dented permanently or heat-hardened, will expand a little when the pressure's off. Paper tends to stay crushed.

On the lifters, I like your choice of Sealed Power. My first experience with their parts goes back to my first car (64 Monza) and I was always happy with them.

Chuck K