<VV> RE: Differential rebuild

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Thu Jul 21 12:13:44 EDT 2005

Question regarding the differential.

I have a stock '66' 3.55 differential, not posi.  I have been advised by a
few people to replace the two spyder gears with a 4 spyder set up.  Clark's
maintains that there are no modifications necessary to the case.  However, I
don't know of anyone who has actually done the work themselves.  Usually,
they prefer to send the differential out and let someone else work on it.
Any of you done one at home?  How hard is it?  Everything is out of the car
now and there is no time like the present.

Cliff Tibbitts
66 Monza 140/4sp