<VV> RE: Differential rebuild

Kirby Smith kirbyasmith at gwi.net
Tue Jul 26 10:35:19 EDT 2005

I did this in the second phase (of 4 so far) of my 30+ year intermittent
restoration project using gears from, I believe, Crown.  I have
positraction.  The original spider gears broke after about 300 laps over
a few years at the local race track.  I had a Chevy dealership replace
them at the time, but later when I seriously got into reconstruction of
the car, I replaced them with the 4-gear design.  You will need to be
able to make appropriate measurements in the differential as shown in
the factory service manual.

kirby, '66 turbo Corsa