<VV> Re: PUSH START POWER SLIDES

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 20:52:07 EDT 2005

        At one job I had I used to park at the highest end of the parking lot
and then, at the end of the workday, I would roll the 66 Monza PG "Joe Cool"
down the slight grade and try to "roll start" it.  Usually I was able to put
it into D and get it started even at a modest speed.  Of course, it helped if I
remembered to FIRST turn on the ignition switch<GGGGG>.  That experience came
in handy one day when the car stalled and the started failed to work.  I
pushed the car around the corner out of the traffic and called my wife.  She came
in a few minutes and push started me so I could get the car running and drive
it home after raising the idle speed to ensure that it wouldn't stall again.
       Frank "thanks for the memories" Burkhard