<VV> I'm a comin'!

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Thu Jul 21 23:44:22 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

Well my car may not be finished (the list is about a page long!) and sure it
isn't concours material but I'm packed and ready to roll out of here on
Saturday AM.

When all was said and done I chose the wussy approach. With less than an
hour on the engine and under 50 miles on the drivetrain I loaded the Vair on
to the back of my 5th wheel and I'll tow it down. I'll certainly drive the
car down there but I just wasn't prepared to run the risk of spoiling a
holiday with a break down in unknown territory far from home.

Should make it to Coeur D'Alene or so by Saturday night and then onto the
convention hotel by Sunday night. I have to leave Friday AM to return in
time for my step-Mom's 80th along with a large gaggle of similarly aged
friends  - most of whom can out party us anytime! We went to her 75th and
packed it in at 1:30 AM when at least half of the guests were still going
strong!

Looking forward to playing with my latest gadget on the trip - a GPS.
Anybody in the Vair world into geocaching?

My cell is 250-344-0976 if I can be of any assistance along the way from
Golden, BC to Portland.

Bob and Kathy Gilbert
Canadian 66 180 convertible

PS the 5th wheel is for sale after this trip $2,000 Canadian