<VV> Finally Everything Works!

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 23:58:04 EDT 2005

Hey everyone:

At long last everything is working on my Greenbrier at the same time. No mechanical parts need to be repaired.  Of course, it still need some body work and paint as well as upholstery work.

The last time I posted a message I was dealing with a defective fuel pump pushrod and rebuilding the steering box.

The vendor finally sent me a straight fuel pump pushrod on the third try.  Since installing a stock mechanical pump, the van runs much better.  When I was running an electric pump, it seemed to suffer from fuel starvation at high RPMs causing jerky performance.

I rebuilt the steering box and replaced the boomerang with a better used one.  While I was at it, I rebuilt the electrical and mechanical parts of the turn signal switch and finished things off with new brake shoes.

All of the problems are fixed including the problems I had after converting the van from a Powerglide to a 4 speed.  Shifts great and no grinding into gears.

All is well...or is it?

I bought a new car 2 weeks ago.  A Pontiac Vibe. It's fast, comfortable and has air conditioning.  All features not found in my Greenbrier.  Now I have to get rid of one of my old cars.  I have to decide between my fast and fun Baja Bug or my slow, but able to carry large objects Greenbrier.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm