<VV> Re: 62 Turbo Knock Issues

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 23:59:29 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/21/2005 8:19:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
stapon1 at earthlink.net writes:

> He milled the heads to increase compression and the problem I face right
> now
> is that there is THUNDERING engine knock at anything below 4,000 rpm. Above
> 4,000 rpm (with 94 octane), things quiet right down. He told me to use
> aviation gas to eliminate the knock. The car had av gas when I test drove it
>
> and oddly enough did not knock.

****

What's so "odd"  about NOT  pinging with AVGas...probably  110 LL  ?

The "ODD" thing is the knock ceases ABOVE  4000 rpm??...and you're on Boost
by then...hopefully....if he raced it...

Why not just buy a SAFEGUARD  from Ray Sedman..   www.american-pi.com

Then you can enjoy the engine!  It also has VA  control port!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V