<VV> engine swap

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 22 07:41:55 EDT 2005

I've been commisioned to put an old dune buggy back into running shape. The
powertrain is early. Havn't figured which early, but it's a 145. 4 speed.
Now, the engine's locked up (been sitting out in the weather too long), and
I want to put in a late model motor with the late bellhousing and clutch.
What needs to be done to make this work? Something tells me the clutch fork
pivot ball and throwout bearing need to be changed to late. Is this right?
Anything else? Been awhile since I've done something like this.

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net