<VV> RE: Sealing gaps between body panels

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Fri Jul 22 10:15:16 EDT 2005

Many thanks to the people who answered my question about sealing a gap
at right front of the trunk on my 1966 convertible.  Based on the number
of responses I got that suggested I use body seam sealer, I may not have
been entirely clear about the size of the gap.  The gap is large enough
to almost get your hand through, so unless seam sealer is extremely
viscous, I don't think it will do the job alone.  Something is going to
have to hold it in place while it sets up.  Filling the hole with a big
wad of strip caulk (dum dum) followed by a coat of seam sealer seems to
be the best way to fix it.

Again, thanks to everyone who answered, and I hope everyone has a safe
trip to Portland.  Sure wish I could go...

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible she-devil
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (Ret.)