<VV> quest not going well

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Jul 24 21:59:31 EDT 2005

Have now logged over 1,000 miles in three states and have yet to find a car
I would even make an offer on. At first my budget in the area of $4k seemed
reasonable since main requirement was a straight, rust-free (or minimal
rust) body in a late model convertible. Mechanical work needed not an issue
so long as can be towed. No trophy queens or turbos wanted, transmission
unimportant.

Drove about 500 miles yesterday to see a "#2-#3"  car only to push my
finger (not a screwdriver) right through the rocker.  Am beginning to think
I am too late or too far east and maybe should be looking for something else.

Speaking of which, on first look the trunk both above and below was
excellent as were the rear quarters and engine area, the problem began at
the rear of the front crossmember and was just under the passenger
compartment. Any idea what would cause this ? BTW the doors operated normally.

Padgett
Orlando.