<VV> I NEED HELP!! attn: convention attendees.

Larry Forman Larry at forman.net
Sun Jul 24 21:38:26 EDT 2005

At 06:14 PM 7/24/2005 -0700, R.B. Dorran wrote:
>I just finished waxing the car for this week. Started it up and a loud tack,
>tack, tack sound is now coming out of the passenger side of the engine. It
>has been running smooth as silk up till now, and the wife and I looked
>forward to using it during our "first" Corsa convention. I'm pretty sure
>it's something I don't have the knowledge, parts, and possibly tools to
>handle. I am so frustrated and disappointed at this stage.
>
>I know everyone is busy with convention stuff, but I'm in Oregon City
>(southern end of Portland) and really, really need help. If you can help, or
>have an idea as to who possibly can help, please email me offline with
>contact info. I work till noon tomorrow and am heading to PIR and the
>convention hotel immediately after I get off.
>
>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>

>R.B. Dorran
>
>1965 Monza 110
>
>rbdorran at comcast.net

Hi R.B.
I'll be at the host hotel and you can ask for me on Tuesday.  I suspect it
might just be the valve lifters if you have not used the car for more than
several days or weeks.  Just check the oil level first to make sure there
is enough.  Then idle it for up to 20 minutes.  I suspect it will cure
itself after a couple of minutes.  If not, drive it GENTLY for maybe 20
minutes.  It might be that there is some sludge in a couple of lifters.  If
it starts making worse racket, then STOP and ask for some local convention
people to assist.  I will be happy to look at it during the convention.

Larry