<VV> Local Coverage

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Tue Jul 26 15:55:24 EDT 2005

And Lon even mentioned "Tatra". Guess my next big Corvair order will go to him as a token of my
gratitude! (VBG)

Great story and pictures; great press.

Speaking of great press,  the August 2005 issue of the UK magazine "Classic & Sports Car" has a very
positive column by Martin Buckley on the Corvair. It starts with "People who own American cars can be a
bit scary" and goes on to described a letter from a musclebound heavily tattooed Trans Am owner.

Martin quips "I don't think he was a potential Corvair owner" describing the cars as "far too clever by
half" and telling the "Corvair story" from a decidedly European point of view. It's more positive press than
you see in many US-centric collector car magazines (where a recent one had the editor praising a
Corvair book but giving us a backhand swipe in "it must be a well done book because you know I'd
NEVER have anything positive to say about the Corvair"... passing up mags like that is how I can afford
UK mags like C&SC)

I've corresponded with Martin, corrected a couple of minor points, and seriously amused him with the
picture of Nader in the early vert at the DC convention. Not only has he given me permission to reprint
the column (which I will take up with Mike et al following the convention... and will scan and post it here if
they aren't interested in it for the Communique) he's putting one of his buddies in touch with me to
possibly help them find a late model coupe to play with.

Bill Elliott