<VV> Early Engine

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jul 26 22:18:41 EDT 2005

Let's see, the displacement of the late engine is about 13% bigger
(145/164 = 1.13) than the early one, and milling the heads gives about
a 1 point CR increase, or 12% (9/8 = 1.12), so your engine will end up
about where it started but with better squish.  I'd measure anyway, but
it sounds like you're in the ballpark.  Given the ports are the same
size, with the smaller engine the 260 will be fairly free revving, but
maybe not a real high torque setup.  I'd compare the actual specs
before picking one of the cams, although from everything I've heard you
want to stay away from the 102 cam with a PG.  Let us know how it turns
out.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa