<VV> TCC draws first blood in Portland (and other news)

Bill Hubbell wjhubbell at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 00:40:36 EDT 2005

Helen Smith's "CorBear Angel" won the Valve Cover Race in Portland tonight,
giving the first trophy awarded at this convention to a Tidewater Corvair
Club member!  Walter and Smitty also did very well before losing in the late
rounds.

Yay Helen!  We love ya!

Welcome to CORSA's newest chapter - #010 Stock Corvair Group, just given
final approval today.  First meeting to be held Friday July 29th at 7:30pm,
Timberline room, after the Air Vair meeting.  Kent Sullivan will be giving a
presentation on Stock Corvair batteries and Canadian Corvairs.  For those of
you not able to attend, look toward the August Communiqué for further
details.

Concours Classification was held today, as was the CORSA Board of Directors
meeting.  Temps were 93 degrees outside and somewhat hotter than that in the
Board meeting.

Vendors set up and started selling today.  Lon has a huge display but had to
abandon it for most of the day while attending the Board meeting.  I must
say I was very impressed with him and I think we are very lucky to have him
on the Board.

Kent Sullivan ended his long reign as a Director and CPF President.  Sarah
Jones Beltrami is now president of both CORSA and CPF.

Tomorrow is Concours day.  I hope to get out and take many pictures of the
beautiful cars and will post them on a web site as soon as possible.

Bill Hubbell
(still a CORSA Director but no longer Secretary -- yay!)