<VV> Gas overflow

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sat Jul 30 16:07:39 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/30/05 1:00:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dougmackintosh at yahoo.com writes:

> I just went outside and saw a puddle of gasoline under my '62 daily driver
> just behind the front wheel.  It was dribbling out of the drain tube from the
> gas door pocket.  I opened the gas door and removed the gas cap and gasoline
> ran out until it was level with the top of the filler.  I replaced the cap
> and left it a few minutes, then observed that it was still dribbling (less)
> and again removed the cap and had it run out.  What would cause this?  I've
> never had this happen before!
>
> Thanks

1  You obviously overfilled the tank this AM?? [cool]

2   The Corvair Gas cap is Vented...

3   The "drain"  goes to your rocker panels..just like water...

4  Don't worry...be happy.....don't smoke! ggg  drive it!

Matt Nall
65/66/69/DB/BT
Coos Bay, Ore.