<VV> Gas overflow

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sat Jul 30 21:05:26 EDT 2005

I'd guess that the temperature was cooler when you last filled up than it
was when you noticed the leak.  If you filled your Corvair "to the top" when
the temperature was let's say 70 outside and then you parked it for the
night, came out the next day around noon (when the temperature was 85) and
found gas on the ground... you've experienced nothing more than thermal
expansion of a fluid.  Warm gas takes up more space than cold gas.

Joe West